Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

China Glaze Bohemian Collection

Hi All! Ugh I've been so busy that I've had no time to play with polish. The first suckers I reached for were of course my lovelies from the China Glaze Bohemian Luster Chrome Collection. After seeing a few swatches on other blogs I decided to get only the polishes that I knew I was going to love. There are a few that are just totally not me (i.e. Swanky Silk, No Plain Jane).

China Glaze Bohemian Collection

All pictures are three thin coats but these are very well pigmented and two coats would be sufficient if applied properly. Brush strokes can be seen in the polish due to the chrome finish but that's to be expected. 

First up is Unpredictable which is described as a multidimensional green and I would have to completely agree with that. There are soo many different shades of green, and even blue, in this polish that no two pictures look the same. Here are a bunch to show you just how flashy this polish is!

China Glaze Unpredictable
 
China_Glaze_Unpredictable

 China_Glaze_Unpredictable

China_Glaze_Unpredictable

Next is Want My Bawdy which was definitely the most sheer of these polishes. This goes on as a grayed out purple but as the coats add up the purple definitely becomes stronger. On the nail the duo chrome is barely existent but it changes from a purple to slight blue tint.

China Glaze Want My Bawdy

China Glaze Want My Bawdy

China Glaze Want My Bawdy

China Glaze Want My Bawdy

Deviantly Daring is my absolute favorite! This polish is soo rich in color and fabulousness I want to paint my walls with it! After buying my first bottle, I immediately bought two more. Yes I know I know, I'm obsessive. I can't help it. This has to be the best polish I've ever seen! It's described as a bold peacock teal and I think that suites it quite well. Of course my name for it would have been "Awesome Sauce"!

China Glaze Deviantly Daring

China Glaze Deviantly Daring

China Glaze Deviantly_Daring

China Glaze Deviantly_Daring

The last polish that I bought was Rare & Radiant. There was soo much fuss over this being yet another dupe for Chanel Peridot that I decided just to get it to see the big deal. I never wanted Peridot or OPI Just Spotted The Lizard because the color just didn't appeal to me. Now that I bought this and tried it out, I know I was right. The color is just not me. Coverage was good and the formula was just as nice as the others.

Rare_&_Radiant

Rare_&_Radiant

Rare_&_Radiant

Overall I really like this Collection. There are some dupes or colors that we've seen before but I think that this was probably one of China Glaze's most anticipated collection in a while.

Side Note: I ordered these online from Head 2 Toe Beauty and this was my first time ordering from them. Since these have the 'special' silver caps I was kinda peeved when I received Unpredictable and the cap was all chewed up (you can see it in my bottle picture). Just because I ordered the product online doesn't mean I should get something that I wouldn't have picked up myself and bought at the store. After two completely unapologetic emails from customer service and pictures sent by me, I received a replacement cap. No brush...Just a cap that must have been on a red polish because there is traces of red inside the cap. I have no clue how to remove the brush from the damaged cap and put it into the new one. The larger problem is the completely ridiculous customer service. I cannot believe that no form of apology was ever made. Needless to say, I don't think that I will be ordering from them again.

Sorry for such a long post, but I hope that one more round of photos might help you make your decision if you have not yet gotten your hands on this collection.

Thanks for stopping by! 

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment