Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Neon Barbed Wire

I'm alive...and I'm here with a super simple mani that I am totally loving! I'm had some Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips for quite some time and have yet to use them. Today while straightening out my Nail Room I pulled them out and decided I wanted to give them a try.


I have not yet used any of these nail polish strips so I really was just gonna play with one and then take it off. I ended up liking it (and had nude nails) so I decided to keep the strips as a pop of color and rock some black nails. 

Application was okay but I learned quite a bit on this first attempt and think that my next try will work much better. I have a strong arch to my nails, so it took some stretching to make it fit properly, but it stretched well and didn't have any ripping in the process.

 
 
Next time I will start with cutting the strip to fit properly near my cuticles before applying so that I won't have to use nippers or cuticle scissors to make it fit better. All and all I like them, and it's a crazy easy way to apply some pretty funky nail art that I in no way would be able to pull off with my shaky hands.

I have on two coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl and a layer of Seche Vite on all nails. The Salon Effects were called Hot Wired and I picked these up at 5 Below for maybe 3 bucks.


Have you used these nail polish strips? Any brands that you love or have had problems with?

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment