Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chrono Cross Samplings

Today I have two polishes from Rainbow Honey's 2012 Chrono Cross Collection. These are Snake Eyes and Siren Song in their adorable little packaging.

Snake Eyes is described as "a sheer but shimmery sea foam green makes up the base of this polish; sprinkled throughout are loads of sea foam glitter accented by hints of purple, magenta, gold, and some searing dark eyes".

Siren Song is described as "Inspired by Marbule’s loveliest mermaid, this polish consists of a shimmering aqua color loaded with glitter, tinsel, and holographic sparkle to boot!"

Rainbow_Honey_Chronos_Cross
Snake Eyes and Siren Song
Rainbow_Honey_Chronos_Cross

To be honest my first impression of these polishes was not the greatest. I swatched them on a nail wheel and sighed. I didn't even really want to swatch them but pulled out a few base colors to play around and see what would look the best under these. They are both very sheer but Snake Eyes especially.

This is two coats of Julep Harley a silver metallic/chrome and two thin coats of Snake Eyes. The sheer green color in the base of this polish was hidden a bit over the silver, but shows over black and other colors. The glitter spreads nicely and I do like the different size glitter pieces as well as the glitter color combo.

RainbowHoney_Snake_Eyes

RainbowHoney_Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

This is two coats of Pop Beauty Mint Magic and two coats of Siren Song. This polish is packed with glitter but the tinsel and larger hexagon pieces of glitter do not apply as evenly as Snake Eyes. I had to apply this in patches and the glitter dries a bit bumpier than I like, but it grew on my the longer I wore it.

RainbowHoney_Siren_Song
Outside Shade
Siren_Song
Outside Shade

Rainbow Honey Siren Song
Indoor Artificial Light
These were the only two that I bought from this collection and although they grew on me they were not what I was expecting. I think I was expecting a smoother application and a deeper color to the base. Obviously polish can look different in the bottle compared to on the nail, but if there were more swatches online I might not have bought these.

Rainbow Honey was born out of a love for color and a penchant for creativity. All of their custom-designed products are always free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and Dibutyl Phthalate (the “big 3”). They never test their products on animals and are hand-crafted and hand-packaged in the USA. 

They offer mini sized bottles (7ml) for $5 and full sized bottles (15ml) for $10 which is an awesome option. You can check out all their collections on their website.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Linda

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I love the Rainbow Honey packaging! Such pretty glitterss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours <3<3 Rainbow Honey has such beautiful nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete