Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

FabFitFun VIP Summer Box

Today I have the Summer FabFitFun VIP box which they send out quarterly to members at a cost of $49.99 however there are various coupons floating around which give you $10 off your first box.

Last quarter the box was filled with cheap plastic jewelry and one or two full sized items that really didn't impress (Especially for a $50 price tag). This quarter they have some really great items in the box and they've stepped it up considerably. This is only their 2nd box, so I hope it wasn't a ploy to keep people interested and that the value won't drop back down next box.

This is what I got in my VIP box:

FabFitFun Summer Box

Ivory Mason Sunglasses: Retail Price approximately $350 on sale for $135

I wasn't able to find these exact glasses on their site, however there are 2 other very similar styles that have retail prices of $350 but are on sale for $135. Sweet deal getting these in the box, if they are flattering to your face. Unfortunately for me, they are not.

FabFitFun Summer Box

Catalina Su Lip Gloss: Retail Price $14 (full size)

This lip gloss doesn't have a name or color associated with it, but it's a nice neutral color with golden shimmer. The gloss doesn't feel sticky or gritty which is nice. Net Wt. .25 oz

Purlisse-Pur-Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser: Retail Price $36 (full size 5.6 oz)

This cleanser was recently named one of Vogue's favorite products. It's Soap free and non-foaming, featuring a non-irritating exclusive blend of soy milk, soy proteins, whole oats, and white tea. They claim mascara doesn't stand a chance and that the white tea will soothe sensitive skin and protect from cellular damage.
I haven't tried this because I tend to break out with anything too strong and I'm not willing to use it until I have enough time out of work so I don't look like a pizza. Sounds like it should be gentle enough for my skin so I'll give an update once I use it.

Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray: Retail Price $11 (full size 5 oz)

The spray has a unique mineral balance and neutral pH means it's super hydrating for your skin. On hot days, spray on your face and dab away after a few seconds.
I don't get it....I mean, if I'm hot and wearing makeup I'm definitely not going to spray water on my face. It does come out in a mist however I wouldn't want to spray my face while out and about. If I'm out at the beach then I get it, but they recommend using daily for skin hydration. That's not going to happen, not for me at least.

Infinity Sun Glow on the Go: Retail Price $35 (travel size 3 oz)

This travel size is still pretty good versus those small tubes of nothing you can sometimes get. Infinity Sun is described as an all natural, anti-aging aerosol that features essential oils, antioxidants, and botanicals that keep you looking bronzed and beautiful. Harmful propellants and alcohol are not in this product and it's ideal for touch-ups between sunless tanning sessions. Tan is said to last for up to 7 days.

I'm excited to give this a try and see whether I'll be an orange or a caramel. To be determined :)

it Haircare - Surf Spray: Retail Price $7 (full size 5.1 oz)

This seems to be the rage this summer with people getting a beach wind swept look for their hair. Natural sea salt, marine sea kelp and their exclusive Algae Triage Complex are combined to create sexy, touseled hair with a fresh marine scent.

Seems to wok as described getting that day at the beach type hair, but to me I always felt like I needed to wash my hair after a day at the beach. Definitely gives some texture to your hair that everyone seems to want.

KIND Dark Chocolate Chili Almond and Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt bar: Retail Price Approx $1.50

Holy crap it makes me drool just writing the name of this bar. It's marketed with Only 5g of Sugar on the front of the package, but it also has 7g of fiber, 15g of fat, 200 calories and 6 g of protein. All in All it's a good mix of fat, protein and fiber.

The ingredients read amazing...check this out:
Mixed Almonds, chicory root fiber, palm kernel oil, sugar, honey, non GMO glucose, crisp rice, cocoa powder, sea salt, cascabel chili, ancho chili, soy lecithin, cinnamon, whole milk, vanilla extract, habinero chili.

I cannot wait to eat this when I have enough carbs stored up! (I'm on Atkins right now and it would take about 1/2 my day in carbs)

Last but certainly not least:

Orly-Mayhem Mentality: Retail Price $8.50 (full size .6 fl oz)

This is a vibrant orange creme with the iconic rubberized handle to the Orly bottle. This is bright, summery and as usual, a great consistency.


Overall thoughts on the box? Very good box. Much better value for our money ringing in at $248 using the sale price for the sunglasses. I love that they gave higher quality brands and that they gave full sized items.
I think they they gave a good mix of items covering beauty, health, nail, skin, etc. and that a lot of people will be super excited with this box.

If you're interested in getting on board with the FabFitFun VIP box, sign up here.

FYI - I did see something on their site promoting new members to get a full size Pur-lisse in their fall box when they sign up now. Don't miss out if your on the fence.


Thanks for stopping by

~ Linda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment