Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

OPI Cuticle Oil

So I thought I would start off showing you guys some of my favorite products. I have a major addiction to cuticle oil and although I have not used many brands for comparison, OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil works miracles! I have seriously bad cuticles due to the fact that I used to cut them for a long time. Mix that with tons of hand washing and it's not a pretty picture. Thankfully, I found out about OPI Avoplex which incorporates antioxidants, phospholipids, vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E, essential fatty acids, and avocado oil. That's a whole lot of stuff that goes right above my head but honestly all I care about is that this stuff is amazing!

 
I keep the Cuticle Replenshing Oil in my purse at all times and use it multiple times per day while at work. It has a subtle sweet smell so it's not a stink bomb and it makes my fingers feel nice. I'm trying to figure out how to explain the way it feels after using it but my brain has come to a screeching halt. Basically, I get that 'aaaahhhh' feeling on my fingers, like you do after you lotion your REALLY dry hands. 

Anywho, I also have the Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment which eliminates dry, rough cuticles while replenishing essential moisture and lipids. They tell you to massage it into your cuticles a few times per week. Generally I find myself using it whenever I change the paint on my nails, so twice per week sounds about right.

I have the cuticle oil in a .5 Fl oz bottle (the same as a full size OPI nailpolish) and the cuticle treatment is 1 oz. I've had these for about a year now and I have used less than a quarter of the product. Love It! 

Cool fact that I learned while looking up the 'technical info' on these Avoplex products. Those little white spots you sometimes get on your nails...I always heard that they indicate a lack of calcium, however a cosmetic chemistry blog I stumbled across calls these microtraumas. Saying that they are caused when you bump your nails on things. Hmmph...who knew?

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment