Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tape Mani

Today I have for you a tape mani that was inspired by a couple new polishes. While milling around Walgreens I grabbed a couple SinfulColors that were on sale. They were waving at me with all their brightness and I just had to have them. May I introduce you to Innocent and Boogie Nights (my two newbies).

Sinfulcolors Innocent and Boogie Nights

Innocent is gorgeous creme green while Boogie Nights is a neon orange in the bottle but is toned down a bit on a the nail. Trust me, it's still bright enough :) This picture has Boogie Nights looking pink but the color on my thumb nail is pretty true. I originally planned to do this mani with Innocent and Boogie Nights on each nail however it kind of morphed mid mani to using different colors on each nail.

Ultimately I ended up using NYC French White Tip as the base and Jordana Boy Oh Boy, Funky Fingers Cheshire, elf Fuscha, SinfulColors Innocent and SinfulColors Boogie Nights from pinky to thumb. 

Tape Mani

Tape Mani

I find that I have to leave lots of time between my base coat and the nail art or the tape just makes a mess of my base coat. That's even with blotting the tape on my hand a few times to reduce the stickiness. These lines ended up pretty straight and without smudges so I was pretty happy with them. 

Have you ever done any scotch tape nail art?

Thanks for giving me a read ~ Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment