Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lime Green Gradient

I was watching all the snow melt in my yard and seeing all the dead grass hiding beneath it, soo sad. Fresh green grass was sort of my inspiration for this mani. My intention was not to have something literal so I created a bright fresh green gradient with some texture rather than a smooth transition. Almost marbleized....maybe, lol. My brain does not function quite the same as everyone elses so hopefully that made some sort of sense.

This is a base coat of Julep Fiona, a neon lime green creme. I used Lime Crime, Pastelchio and Crema de Limon as my gradient colors. Crema de limon is closest to the tips however these pictures aren't picking up the yellow color change all that much.

Lime Green Gradient

Instead of using a make-up sponge for the smooth transition, I used a random little sponge that I had around the house that was much more porous giving it a marbleized look.

Lime Green Gradient

Spring Gradient

Since I was thinking of nature and spring I decided to use my new stamping plate for some sweet little sparrows. I love these birds...you can find them on all sorts of things around my house. This is an eBay plate called MLS301.


Spring Gradient

Thanks for stopping by!

~Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment