Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

April Nail Art Society Box

Today I'm showing you what came in this months Nail Art Society (NAS) box. If you've seen some of my prior posts, this subscription is one that I've been on the verge of cancelling however I do actually think that this month was a good box and worth my subscription cost of $10. Unfortunately some others are paying their $19.95 price point since they were not locked into the earlier pricing.

This months theme is 'Bows & Stripes' and they've gotten their inspiration from Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2013.

April Nail Art Society

They've given NAS subscribers the bows and other tools to create the checkered pattern or stripes. While they didn't give any true polish they did give some good quality products to recreate these looks.

April Nail Art Society

The Kiss Nail Artist paints have the striping brushes (long and thin like a toothpick) to create your stripes or checkerboard patterns and came in three different colors shown above and also had some tip guide 'stickers' within the box. I've seen these little sets in CVS or Walgreens before and they cost around $7 or $8. They also included some aqua striping tape which I've used before and think does a fantastic job at allowing for straight lines (which I would have never been able to do freehand). The 'Love Stones' are 3D plastic bows and they've supplied the nail glue to apply these babies. There are a considerable amount of these bows and they are in 12 different patterns so that's quite a variety. I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to re-use these as well. (Thrifty Thrifty Thrifty)

I've included a close up below so that you can get a good idea of what these look like. Not too shabby in my opinion.

April Nail Art Society Bows

I think the inspiration and what they've supplied this month really allows their subscribers to pull together some fun nail art and the value of this box is substantially better than previous months.

Here's the handy card they include each month to explain their inspiration and some step by step directions (on the back) as to how to use these products.

April Nail Art Society

I'll be pulling together a look using these items this weekend and will make sure to share my vision with you all. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment