Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Essie & Aly Unite

Happy Weekend!

It's been a rainy 2 weeks with no sunshine, or I would have shown you some of my new Aly's Dream Polish Holographics that Jennifer requested. Sooo...I decided to do something else and use one of them for stamping. Not quite the same thing but...it worked out nicely. 

I started with two coats of Essie In The Cab-ana from the Spring 2013 Resort Collection: a beautiful turquoise-ish blue that sometimes leans more sky blue. On my index finger I used a few coats of holographic top coat that I made using a Spectraflair liquid mix, then added a coat of Rainbow Honey The Worst Possible Thing. On my other fingers I used a Spring inspired stamp, Aly's Dream Polish  #58 Intense Blurple and some purple striping tape. 



I used the striping tape along my fingers so that each nail was slightly more angled with more coverage of stamping towards my pinkie. This made a nice visual for me while I was photographing my hands, but still looks nice from a day to day perspective.



What do you think of using a holo topcoat, glitter, stamping and striping tape all in one mani? Was it a bit all over the place for you or do you like the way it looked? 

Thanks for stopping by ladies! 

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment