Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

FabFitFun March Box

Today I will be sharing the FabFitFun VIP Inaugural Box that I received for March 2013. This was the first box that has been issued and it seemed like it was going to be a pretty big deal. The subscription is described as including hand picked beauty, fashion, fitness and wellness items by Giuliana Rancic. The box will be sent out quarterly (4 times a year) and will include full size items worth over $100 in value. They also promote that some random lucky ladies will receive super fabulous bonus gifts. The going price for the box is $49.99 but there are a few coupons lingering around the world wide web so you might be able to get it for a bit cheaper. I believe I used a coupon for $10 off therefore I paid $40 for my box.

Wanna see what I got?


All together they sent me 8 items in my box:
-Full size (3.4 fl oz) MoroccanOil Treatment
-Full size Zoya made specially for FabFitFun (Fuchsia)
-Full size thinkThin creamy peanut butter bar
-Full size Josie Maran lip duo
-Sample size Jouer lip gloss
-Perfekt Brow Gel
-2 JewelMint items


Moroccanoil treament has an uber nourishing formula packed with fatty acids, omega-3 oils, vitamins, antioxidants and deluxe oil guards to add serious shine and transform dull, dry hair.


The Zoya polish is a foil metallic finish and bright fuschia pink!
The Josie Maran lip duo is also a bright redidish pink color which has a lip stain and a lip crayon option.
The Jouer lip gloss is loaded with vitamins, shea butter, jojoba oil, and pomegranate seed oil for smoothness and hydration. It's super soft, not sticky or gloopy and adds some serious kick-ass shine to your lips. Loved this!! I wish I had received a full size of this as this was probably my favorite item in the box.


This thinkThin bar has some serious protein in it. 20grams of protein is a knockout and will probably keep me quite full when using this as a meal replacement. The bar is super heavy and gluten free. 240 calories and 9 grams of fat rounds out some of the key nutritional information.


The perfekt brow perfection gel is something I have never used before. Mine is a caramel color and will probably be a bit dark for my brows but I'm intrigued.


This JewelMint charm bracelet has a good weight to it but I'm unsure of the material. It has 7 charms attached that are mostly summer of travel related. This is not something I would ever wear so maybe I will be able to swap it out or give it away to someone.


These are some.....hmmm, how to put it?...Interesting? Eclectic? Unqiue?...Let's go with unique, earrings. Bright yellow plastic with golden slightly brown tinted jewels. These have to be some bottom of the barrel cheap-o earrings that they couldn't get rid of, because I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy these. (sorry to anyone who likes these...I guess I'm just not into 80s style costume jewelry)

Overall I think that the box had a decent value to it (mostly from the Moroccanoil) but it was kind of all over the place. A meal replacement bar was not something I was expecting when it could have been replaced by some other beauty product to give it a much better value. Two pieces of jewelry was nice, but nicer pieces would have been a plus. For $50 I don't think I will continue my subscription.

If you're interested in checking it out, you can see some brief information about FabFitFun VIP on their website but they do not go into too much detail as to the brands they have partnered with. Her FFF site does have quite a lot of information and articles to peruse.

Did you subscribe to the FabFitFun VIP Inagural Box? Please share any products that you received that you think were Studs or Duds, I'd love to hear that others received a variety of products!

Thanks for stopping by!

UPDATE: I'm hearing from many ladies that they have are having serious problems with customer service. Please be advised and I will make sure that I follow-up with any more news I hear. Soo sad to see this type of thing happening after only one box.


~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment