Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Peacock Inspired Nails

Today I have for you a mani that was inspired by my lovely peacock (Jezebel) who keeps watch over our sunroom. How can you not love this face?

Peacock Inspiration

I started with one coat of Julep Nail Therapy Basecoat, then two coats of China Glaze Four Leaf Clover. For accent colors I used Kleancolor Funky Yellow, Orly Snowcone and SinfulColors Let's Talk. I also pulled out my handy dotting tool for the first time in For-Ev-Er. (haha you gotta love a throwback to The Sandlot)
 
Funky Yellow, Snowcone, Let's Talk, Four Leaf Clover

Peacock Inspired Mani

China Glaze Four Leaf Clover
I basically used the smallest dotting tip to put small dots across the tip of my nail using Funky Yellow closest to the tip, followed by a row of Snowcone and then Let's Talk closest to my nail bed.




All pictures were taken in my sunroom in indirect sunlight. The colors are pretty darn accurate, although Let's Talk does not look as amazing as it really is. Let's Talk is my go to purple color because the formula is nice and it only needs two thin coats for full coverage. The beautiful shimmer in this polish makes it glow from the inside out. The bottle shot actually shows how amazing this color really is.

So I don't use my dotting tool very often, and I obviously don't have the most steady hand, but what do you think of this mani? Can you see where I'm going with the peacock inspiration? 

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment