Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Julep Marathon - Round 1

Are you ready for round one of the Julep Marathon? Today I've brought to you some deep rich colors that are truly beautiful!

First up is Taylor. This is a beautiful deep blurple color that is somewhere between a periwinkle and royal blue. By far my favorite Julep polish to date! However, I have to say that this polish stinks....like....actually stinks. It had a very strange smell to it that I've never experienced with other Julep polishes. The consistency is a bit thick but it dries quickly. This is two coats with top coat.

Julep_Taylor

Julep_Taylor

Julep_Taylor

Up next is Jessia, which is a light baby blue creme. The formula on this was great, much thinner than the other cremes. It can definitely be a one-coater if you apply it with a gentle hand. This is one coat with top coat. 
Julep_Jessica

Julep_Jessica

This is Brooke. Brooke has a sheer purple base with purple/pink micro-shimmer. This is made for layering since on it's own it doesn't even come close to wearable. I've shown you 3 coats of Brooke on it's own to show how light it actually is.

 Julep_Brooke

This is Brooke layered over one coat of Jessica. It was very hard to pick up the shimmer but you can see it slightly, and you can also see the difference Brooke made in the color because of the light purple base.
Brooke_Over_Jessica
 
Julep_Brooke_Over_Jessica

Last by not least is Daphne. Daphne is a dark seafoam green creme that is darker than I expected but has a very earthy tone to it. As I swatched all these colors I realized that the creme finish polishes all tend to be a bit on the thick side. With a top coat, it evens out very nicely and gives it that great shine that the creme needs.

Julep_Daphne

Julep_Daphne

So do you have any favorites from these polishes? Mine is Taylor because the color is just absolutely beautiful! 

Stay tuned for Round 2

~Linda

2 comments:

  1. My favourites out of those are definitely Taylor and Daphne :D I'm so glad I added Daphne on to my July box :D
    You have beautiful nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erica! Yes, Daphne was really different than I was expecting but she has a great deep tone. Thank you for checking me out!

      Delete