Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Julep Marathon - Round 2

It's time for round 2 of the Julep Marathon ladies. Today I have for you four more polishes that range from creme to shimmer to glitter. Lets jump right in shall we? 

*Warning: My hands are a mess! I've been wicked stressed at work and my hands are suffering. Broken nail...check...Dry cuticles...check...Hangnails...check...biting around my nails...check. *hangs my head low "I'm sorry".*

First up is America The Beautiful which Julep gave out to their U.S.A Mavens for free with the July box. I was so excited to get this polish but unfortunately I was a bit let down when I sat down to swatch her. It's packed with tiny red glitter pieces which gives it the base color, larger silver and blue glitter pieces and silver stars which I had to dig out of the bottle. It's beyond difficult to apply and it looks like a glitter monster threw up on my hands. This is 4 coats that were 'patched' to cover the bald spots and get semi even coverage. My camera didn't like it either because I couldn't get a good picture to save my life!

Julep_America_The_Beautiful

Next up is Jodie which is a deep rose color that leans towards brown and has golden micro-shimmer. The shimmer does not show much on the nail which would have been really nice, but this a great fall color. This is 2 coats with top coat and a bottle shot to show you the golden shimmer.

Julep_JodieJulep_Jodie

So onto some brighter colors. Let me introduce you to Mandy. She is a bright coral pink color that blows my mind. She perched herself right on the line of reddish orange and pink and it's impossible for me to choose which way it leans more. I love this color! Mandy is a creme and almost has a satin finish. This is 2 coats with top coat.  

Julep Mandy

Julep Mandy


Next in line is Mischa which is a a cherry orange shade packed with orange micro-shimmer. I was afraid this was going to be too sheer on it's own, but two coats did the trick. This is a very fun bright summer color and the micro-shimmer makes it shine so bright it should come with a warning not to look directly at it! I was feeling festive, so I decided to spruce this one up a bit. I've used a dotting tool and Taylor to add some darker color to this ball of light. This is 2 coats and no top coat but the pictures were taken inside to get an accurate color rather than a picture of miniature suns.

Julep_Mischa
 
Julep_Mischa

I wanted to see how Mischa would look if I dulled down the micro-shimmer so I added a coat of Essie Matte About You. I love the look! 

Julep_Mischa_and_Matte_About_You
So Mandy and Mischa are definitely my favorites out of this round of colors! I'm loving the orange and surprisingly they didn't look horrible on me. 

I'll have one more round of colors coming up this week and then hopefully you guys can tell me what you're favorites are. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

~Linda

1 comment: