Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Julep Melanie

Today I'm wearing Julep Melanie, described as a pastel indigo metallic chrome. This is one of the polishes I received in my Julep Maven It Girl Box for August, and I was very excited because it seemed like it had a fabulous purple base in the swatches on the Julep Blog even though the bottle looked just plain blue.

To my upset, the purple I thought I was seeing must have been a trick by my monitor. What a shame! The color is still very nice and the chrome finish on this polish is one of the better ones I've seen. I was just a little let down due to my inaccurate expectations. Aww well.

This is two coats of Melanie and one coat of Seche Vite. Application was very smooth and I didn't have any issues with dragging or excessive brush streaks being visual.

Julep_Melanie
Julep_Melanie
Julep_Melanie
 Julep_Melanie
This last picture was taken outdoors in a moment that the sun was behind the clouds. I love the way that you can see the fabulous metallic sheen in the bottle.

Overall this polish was very nice. It faded relatively quickly but I'm sure you could keep up the color with new top coat every other day.

Have you tried any of the Julep Metallics yet? Do you have a favorite chrome polish?

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment